Having a gun safe dehumidifier is an excellent investment as you can’t leave the weapons in humidity for damage. If you leave the weapon in a humid environment, it will start showing rust over time. But owning the best dehumidifier for gun safe can eliminate the risk. The dehumidifier will not only balance the humidity level but also keep you safe from the disastrous effects of your firearms.
If you don’t want your arms to be exposed to corrosion, then it will be a great decision to invest in gun safe moisture absorber. For your easiness, we have listed down eight best dehumidifiers for gun safe and their related information as well. While research, we found LOCKDOWN GoldenRod Dehumidifier as a perfect gun safe dryer. Let’s have a look at our top choices.
Our Top 3 picks
LOCKDOWN GoldenRod Dehumidifier
- works on average 110-120 voltage
- Attachable legs for better placement
- Reliable dehumidifier to keep arms safe from rust
- The versatile unit has different versions
PEET Dryer and Dehumidifier
- Extracts hot air to overcome humidity
- Energy-efficient device that needs power less than a bulb
- Works silently without any noticeable sound
- Easy to use by just plugging in
Eva-Dry Mini Dehumidifier
- Easy to use
- Covers large area and remove 6 oz water
- Works on silica beads
- works 20 to 30 days before the next recharge
Comparison Table Dehumidifier For Gun Safe
Best Dehumidifier For Gun Safe Reviews List (Updated)
1.LOCKDOWN GoldenRod Dehumidifier
“Easy Installation Rod”
The LOCKDOWN GoldenRod Dehumidifier is one of the best gun safe dryers. You can use it in the garage, basement
, or anywhere in the house. This gun safe dehumidifier rod eliminates mold, mildew, and moisture inside the safe efficiently. Moreover, it produces an adequate amount of heat against rust and corrosion.
Notable features in this dehumidifier:
- The dimensions are 23.2 x 4.4 x 1.1 inches and have a gold color.
- Works with 110 to 120 volt AC plug, comes with a 6-foot long cord, and covers 200 cubic feet area.
- Featured with attachable legs for placement and has a cord with a quick plug attachment
- Non-destructive unit and removes moisture from the air to prevent rust.
- The versatile unit comes in 12 inch, 18, inch, 24 inch, and 36-inch versions.
- Affordable device
- Easy installation
- Doesn’t get heat
- Reliable and non-destructive.
- Attachable legs for better placement
- Balance the humidity at an acceptable level
- Mounting brackets are made of cheap material
- Requires electricity
Furthermore, they are made in the USA and have a long lifespan. Additionally, they come with mounting brackets through which you can easily place them inside the bottom of the safe. Adding more, it’s a versatile unit that comes in different sizes. You can pick it up according to the size of the gun safe.
2.PEET Dryer and Dehumidifier
“Best Gun Safe Dryer”
The PEET Dryer and Dehumidifier uses warm air to remove humidity gently. It creates heat from thermal convection and uses a standard power of 110-120 volts. Moreover, it’s an energy-efficient unit that consumes less energy than a traditional bulb. Additionally, the cord comes apart for easy installation of the unit. Furthermore, it’s simple to use as just a plugin, and there you go.
- The Dimensions are 9 x 7 x 4 inches and weigh 0.9 pounds
- Exerts hot air to remove humidity from cabinets and gun safe; works safe and dry
- Easy to use by plugging in and forget, an instruction manual is included
- Requires less energy than a bulb and works effectively in 300 cubic feet area to remove humidity
- Works silently without creating any noticeable sound
- Straightforward usage
- low power consumption
- Covers 300 cubic feet area
- Quiet operation
- Doesn’t have a power light
- Complaints about burning smell at first usage
The dehumidifier works quietly without creating any noticeable sound and covers up to 300 cubic feet of area. Having a weight of just 0.9 pounds, it’s easy to move anywhere without any difficulty. This gun safe dryer works efficiently to remove water vapors from your gun safe and make it corrosion-free.
3. Eva-Dry Mini Dehumidifier-
The Eva-Dry Mini Dehumidifier is a silica gel desiccant for gun safes that works brilliantly. It removes up to 6 oz. water vapors from the air in a 333 cubic feet area. Moreover, it has a great lifespan of up to ten years that makes it the best dehumidifier for hun vault. Additionally, it is also the Best Dehumidifier for RV due to its small and portable design.
Top features in it:
- TThe dimensions are 9 x 8.25 x 2.88 inches and come in white color.
- Super easy to use, just hang it inside the gun safe, and it will remove odor and moisture effectively.
- Covers a 333 cubic feet area and absorbs up to 6 oz water vapors
- The sleek and small design offers high portability to place it anywhere
- A super dry dehumidifier that lasts up to 20-30 days before charging the silica gel beads.
- Cordless unit and requires only charging the device. Moreover, the moisture absorber is rechargeable and renewable.
- Great Lifespan
- Easy to set up
- Works silently
- Recharging is easy
- Absorbs 6 oz water per day
- Wireless unit
- Get hot after consistent usage
- Needs to be recharge
Furthermore, it has a LED light that turns blue to pink when it senses the tank is full of water. As it’s a wireless unit, you will get rid of wires rush and make your gun safe more smart and sleek. Overall, it requires charging and long lasts up to 20-30 days as per usage. This feature makes it a good dehumidifier for gun safe.
4. Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier
The Pro Breeze Wireless Mini Dehumidifier is almost the same as the Eva-Dry Mini Dehumidifier in the aspect of functionality and material. The unit is compact sized and covers 333 square feet area. Basically, it uses orange silica beads that turn green when full of charge. You can watch it through the small viewing window.
Features that we love:
- The dimensions are 7.3 x 6 x 2 inches and weigh 0.43 kg only.
- Effectively removes humidity from 333 cubic feet and long lasts up to 20-30 days before the next charge.
- A simple and lightweight design makes it a highly portable and space-saving unit.
- The unit has no toxic, no mess, no-spill, and safe for pets and children.
- The unit is 100% cordless, and that makes it tangle and mess-free.
- Featured with a color indicator to monitor the moisture capacity of the device.
- Simple to use
- Pet and children friendly
- Color indicator
- Completely cordless
- Best for small spaces
- Requires charge after 20-30 days
- Quiet operation
- Overcharging may cause beads leakage
- Requires outlet for charging
The unit absorbs up to 150 ml moisture and lasts up to 2-4 weeks before it requires the next charging. Moreover, the device has a small and compact design and sturdy build-up. The best advantage of this model is you will get rid of wires as it’s a wireless unit. Just need to recharge it, and generally, it takes up to 8-10 hours for recharging.
5.Lockdown Dehumidifier Rod
“Best Dryer Rod”
The Lockdown Dehumidifier Rod uses a bar-type heating element. Through this, it raises the temperature to efficiently remove the water vapors. Having a quick plug attachment, the model is relatively easy to install. In case, if your gun safe doesn’t have a power hook-up, you need to drill a hole to feed the cable out.
- The dimensions are 19 x 6 x 1 inches and weigh 0.5 pounds
- Removes excessive moisture from gun safe interior efficiently.
- Dries 100 cubic feet area efficiently
- Straightforward to install and quick plug attachment that works on 110-120 volts
- Comes with mounting brackets to place it well.
- Comes in 12-inch and 18-inch sizes and controls moisture up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Requires little space
- Easy and straightforward to use
- Efficiently controls the moisture level
- Desiccant operation
- versatile unit
- The plug is not sturdy
- Requires continuous power source
Furthermore, when it operates, it raises the temperature five degrees higher than outside and removes the interior’s moisture. That’s why it’s one of the best gun safe dehumidifier rods. Moreover, it is constructed with durable extruded aluminum that makes it durable.
6.SnapSafe 75902 Safe Dehumidifier
“Silica Gel Dehumidifier”
The SnapSafe 75902 Safe Dehumidifier is one of the best non-powered dehumidifiers for gun safe. It covers an area of up to 57 cubic feet and works efficiently. Though it looks small but works as well as a larger one does. Moreover, a non-toxic drying substance comes with an indicator cap that turns pink when it is fully charged.
Top features in this unit:
- The dimensions are 9 x 8 x 6 inches and weigh 2 pounds.
- Featured with an indicator that reminds the unit needs charging
- Small, lightweight, and no need for battery; unlimited charges guarantee lifetime usage.
- Efficient to dehumidify small areas like cabinets, closets, and gun safes.
- The container-style design is having 750 grams of silica gel.
- Reactivation is easy
- Compact size
- Indicator is easy-to-see
- •Lifetime usage
- No battery or power required
- lightweight unit
- • Limited instruction on manual
Furthermore, the dehumidifier has a cylinder-type shape and contains 750 grams of silica gel in a perforated round steel container. Additionally, it’s a compact and lightweight unit that requires no power source or battery to run. For recharging, just bake it in an oven. Though it doesn’t provide much information but it’s an efficient gun safe dryer.
7. Hornady Canister Dehumidifier
“Moisture Absorbers Dryer”
The Hornady Canister Dehumidifier is a simple and effective solution to get rid of extra humidity. The best thing is that it uses no battery or direct electricity power and works perfectly with hygroscopic substances. The container is filled with desiccant crystals to absorb the water vapors efficiently.
- The Dimensions are 6 x 5.1 x 4.25 inches and weigh 2.09 pounds.
- Silica Gel Dehumidifier that protects your arms from excessive moisture, rust, and corrosion.
- Comes with a highly absorbable silica gel that attracts the humidity from surroundings efficiently.
- Compact and easy-to-use units that require no power source or battery, Easy to recharge in a warm oven.
- Featured with perfect moisture absorber that turns blue to pink when requires charging.
- Easy to use
- No battery or power source required
- Environment-friendly unit
- Lasts for years
- lightweight and highly portable
- High-quality Silica Gel
- Hassle to recharge in an oven
To recharge the crystals, you need to put them in a warm oven and see the magic. Furthermore, it has holes that cause it to absorb moisture. And it has a window to see the color of crystals, whether they require charging or not. Additionally, the crystals are non-toxic and renewable that makes the device environment friendly.
8.DEERMA Small Dehumidifier
“Portable Mini Dehumidifier”
The DEERMA Small Dehumidifier is an aesthetically pleasing product by the manufacturer. The unit doesn’t require any power source or rechargeable batteries. However, it contains silica beads that need to be recharged in a warm oven. Actually, recharging means the removal of moisture from silica beads.
- The dimensions are 8.11 x 2.95 x 2.95 inches that it seems pretty compact.
- Comes with renewable Silica Gel crystals that absorb moisture efficiently to provide fresh and dry air.
- Requires 12 to15 hours to dry out the silica gel for next use and then works for 2 to 3 weeks.
- A compact and small unit that is perfect for an area of up to five square meters
- A cylinder-style dehumidifier that covers a large area to absorb moisture other than it seems from size
- The crystal beads turn green from orange when the capacity is full; they don’t leak like others.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Fast charging and runs for a long time
- Non-toxic beads
- Renewable beads
- Small and compact design
- Beads change the color when capacity is full
Furthermore, the dehumidifier has a cylindrical shape that contains silica beads to remove the moisture from the air. Additionally, it has three pieces of heating elements to use the dehumidifier soon again. Moreover, it has a transparent visualization window to determine when it needs to be recharged. Overall, it’s one of the best non-powered dehumidifiers for gun safe and lasts for several years.
So, that was the list of best dehumidifiers for gun safe. Many of them can be used for gun safety as well as for other spaces. However, their essential work is to remove excess humidity in the air that causes problems. A gun-safe moisture absorber is a must if you have arms in your household, to keep them safe from damages. Moreover, it will keep the firearms safe from corrosion.
To find out the best gun room dehumidifier requires some hard work. For your easiness, we have selected some top choices and given you reviews about products’ features. Choose a suitable option from the above list according to the location and the size of your gun safe.
What is the best way to remove humidity from gun safes?
Basically, a dehumidifier will work perfectly in this situation. It brings down the humidity level and offers a safe humidity level to your gun safe. Generally, the selection of the right product depends on the size of your gun safe.
Do gun safes need dehumidifiers?
Of course, your gun safe definitely needs a dehumidifier. Generally, gun safes tend to get humidity levels high in monsoon and summers and also if they are in your basement. That’s why you need a dehumidifier to balance the humidity level.
What power source dehumidifiers use?
Mostly, some dehumidifiers run on direct power. Some of them work on battery power, and for smaller scale, many models don’t require both of them. They recharge in oven heat and works efficiently by saving your power.
Do gun safe dehumidifiers work?
Yes, definitely they work if you buy them from the authentic point. All of the above-listed dehumidifiers work best in gun safes. You only have to select the model and no worries about their working.
What size dehumidifier do I need for my gun safe?
Basically, it depends on the size of your gun safe. If it’s larger, then you may require a heavy unit. On the other hand, it could be a compact unit if you have a small gun safe. Usually, a dehumidifier having 200 cubic feet coverage is the best solution for mostly gun safes.
How to select the Best Dehumidifier For Gun Safe- BUYING GUIDE
As it is the matter of your gun safe, you have to make sure it is corrosion-free. For this purpose, you have to select the best dehumidifier for the gun vault. To do this, you have to know about its features. Follow the below factors to pick up the right choice for your gun safe.
Area of gun safe:
Generally, the efficiency of the dehumidifier depends on the area to cover. Having a large space needs to have the best dehumidifier for a large gun safe. On the other hand, there are many small area coverage dehumidifiers are available.
Usually, the gun safe area is small, but in rare cases, it could be larger. The above-listed dehumidifiers are best to cover both large and small areas. You can select according to your need.
Coverage of the dehumidifier is also another vital factor that needs to be considered. There are different coverage area dehumidifiers available; however, you need to pick up that suits your need. Typically, a 12″ dehumidifier can cover up to 100 cubic feet area. You should measure the size of the gun safe before buying a suitable dehumidifier.
Performance and Longevity:
Its performance generally defines a dehumidifiers efficiency. If you are looking for the best performing and long-lasting dehumidifier, then have a look at electrical dehumidifiers. They perform not only well but also long-lasting.
On the other hand, if you want to save energy, then go for desiccant-based dehumidifiers. Basically, they don’t require any power source, just need to recharge on oven heat and go for a long run.
Easiness and Safety:
Generally, a desiccant-based dehumidifier is easy and safe to use. On the other hand, if you go for an electrical dehumidifier, you have to drill a hole on the backside of the gun safe if it doesn’t have a power source inside. A desiccant-based dehumidifier only needs to recharge on oven heat after 3 to 4 weeks once. That’s why they are easy to use.
The absorption capacity of the dehumidifier is another important factor that needs to be considered. Before buying a dehumidifier, you need to know the absorbing capacity. If your gun safe is in that area where the humidity level is high, then go for such a dehumidifier with a large absorption capacity.