Usually, crawl spaces are very humid and damp in certain climates, and they also impact other rooms. This is due to insufficient ventilation of crawl spaces and makes it the perfect place for mold, bacteria, and many other health problems. To overcome this situation, you are required to have the best dehumidifier for crawl space that can maintain the humidity level.
While selecting a crawl space dehumidifier, you should consider its coverage area, performance, and moisture absorbing rate. Putting everything together, we have spent hours finalizing the top choices. After all the effort, we have found Aprilaire 1820 Pro Dehumidifier as the best among all of them. You can select your own choice after going through buying guide.
Our Top 3 picks
Aprilaire 1820 Pro Dehumidifier
- Corrosion-resistant coils for inner protection
- Advanced technology to balance the humidity
- Compact size and suitable for tight places
- Keeps the humidity level below 60%
MIDEA MAD50C1ZWS Dehumidifier
- Extensive area coverage with best water removal rate
- Quiet operation with maximum 51 dB sound level
- Easy to maintain
- Basic controls with different settings
ALORAIR Commercial Dehumidifier
- Works on low temperature perfectly
- Commercial dehumidifier for extensive capacity usage
- Digital control panel
- 100% waterproof design for safety
Comparison Table Dehumidifier For Crawl Space
Best Dehumidifier For Crawl Space Reviews List (Updated)
1.Aprilaire 1820 Pro Dehumidifier
“Commercial Dehumidifier for Crawl Spaces”
The Aprilaire 1820 Pro Dehumidifier is a high-end dehumidifier for crawl spaces. This powerful dehumidifier removes up to 70 pints of water per day and great for the basement as well as crawl spaces. The key point about this item is you won’t need to empty a messy tray. Moreover, it’s easy to use; just plug it in, choose your settings, and there you go.
Top features in it:
- The dehumidifier’s dimensions are 25 x 12.5 x 12.5 inches and weigh 56 pounds only.
- Comes with advanced technology to minimize mold, structural wood root, termites, and odors in crawl space
- Perfectly placeable between tight spaces and joists due to its compact size
- Removes up to 70 pints of water in 24-hours and requires no water tray to empty
- Keeps the humidity level below 60% that minimizes airborne survival.
- Control panel for easy access
- Hose is available
- Requires minimal maintenance
- No water tank to empty
- 70 pints water removal per day
- Minimizes airborne survival
- Requires a professional to install
Furthermore, it comes with a control panel that is mounted on the top. The device is long-lasting and uses corrosion-resistant aluminum coils that are usually durable and strong. Moreover, it removes up to 70 pints of water daily from the air and offers balanced humidity. Overall, it’s the best 70-pint dehumidifier for crawl space.
2.MIDEA MAD50C1ZWS Dehumidifier-
The MIDEA MAD50C1ZWS Dehumidifier has a clean, smooth look and easy to use. For portability, it comes with wheels and handles to make it effortless to move around. The key point about this dehumidifier is its silent working that will not disturb your daily routine. Moreover, it comes with a control panel for ideal settings.
Best features in it:
- The dehumidifier’s dimensions are 15.94 x 11.54 x 24.29 inches and weigh 33.5 pounds only.
- Covers 4500 square feet area and removes up to 50 pints of water vapors from the air.
- Comes with innovative features like auto restart function and continuous dehumidification mode as well.
- Features with quiet operation and maximum 51 dB sound volume that is the same as quiet conversation.
- Easy to maintain and easy to empty the water tank. Moreover, a reusable filter cuts down your extra cost.
- Basic controls with four different settings
- Energy efficient
- Auto shut off
- Easily transportable due to wheel and handle
- Continuous draining with a drainage hose
- Quiet operation
- Hose has to buy separately
- Heat up after long usage
Furthermore, it has a turbo mode for excessive and quick moisture removal. Additionally, it’s featured with an auto-shutoff feature that activates when the water tank is full of water. Moreover, for your convenience, it comes with a gravity-fed drain hose for continual removal of water. Overall, it’s one of the best dehumidifiers for wet crawl space.
3.ALORAIR Commercial Dehumidifier
“Best Dehumidifier for wet crawl space”
The ALORAIR Commercial Dehumidifier is the best-rated dehumidifier for crawl space. It covers the area up to 2300 square feet and a commercial-grade dehumidifier. Moreover, it’s small and compact sized that allows you easy maintenance and cleaning. If you have a large area to dry, then you can stack them on top of another, and it’s also best for storage.
- The dehumidifier’s dimensions are 22.8 x 13.7 x 17.3 inches and weigh 70.5 pounds only.
- Highly efficient unit and operates on a temperature range from 33 to 105 degrees F and works on 5.62 amps and 115V.
- Featured with waterproof design due to rubber strip tank seal that covers the unit 100%
- Known as a commercial dehumidifier, and removes up to 180PPD at saturation conditions.
- Includes timer, digital humidistat control, condensate pump, and perfect for small spaces.
- Waterproof design
- Featured with continuous drainage
- Easy controls
- Removes 180 PPD water from the air
- Advanced controls
- Leakage complaints
- Hard to move around due to heavyweight
The key point is its built-in humidistat. It displays the real-time temperature, humidity level, and the whole process to monitor the process easily. Moreover, the auto-restart feature starts it from where it left due to a power cut down. Furthermore, you won’t need to empty the tank as it can directly be drained to sink.
4. Santa Fe Compact70 Dehumidifier
“Crawl space dehumidifier”
The Santa Fe Compact70 Dehumidifier is not only a compact but also the most powerful option in this list. It’s an ideal choice for crawl spaces that removes up to 100 pints of water vapors per day. Moreover, to eliminate the need to empty the water tank, it comes with a gravity-fed model that can be used with the additional pump.
- The dehumidifier’s dimensions are 27 x 18 x 18 inches and weigh 65 pounds only.
- Covers up to 2400-3200 square feet area and removes up to 100 pints water per day
- Featured with digital display and controls for easy operation
- Perfectly stable at any place, however it requires a hand to fit it at ant place.
- Eliminates frequent water tank emptying due to additional pump to drain water from the hose
- Featured with low/high humidity mode and works in low-temperature conditions
- Informative display
- Two modes of working
- Compact design
- Great performance
- Drainage hose included
- Works perfectly at low-temperature conditions
- Heavyweight unit and requires a hand to fit
The cleaning operation is really easy as it comes with a digital screen. Moreover, its control buttons can be seen in dark environments. Furthermore, the screen allows checking the temperature, relative humidity, and progress by the dehumidifier. Although it has a small and compact design, it’s difficult to move due to 80 pounds weight. Overall, you can say it’s the best dehumidifier for my crawl space.
5.ALORAIR Crawl Space Dehumidifiers
“Energy Star Certified ”
The ALORAIR Crawl Space Dehumidifiers feature a defrosting system with a hot gas valve. It means you can use it for longer and it saves money. The key point is the internal corrosion protection that keeps the dehumidifier safe and makes it long-lasting. Moreover, the unit is also Energy Star certified, which means it’s an energy-efficient unit.
Notable features in it:
- The dehumidifier’s dimensions are 11.81 x 17.72 x 11.81 inches and weigh 26 kilograms.
- Covers up to 1300 square feet area and removes 120 pints of water vapors from the air in a day.
- Quick and automatic defrost process and perfectly works at low temperatures down to 36 degrees F.
- Energy Star certified unit that consumes less energy with efficient working
- Featured with advanced technology to minimize corrosion and freon leakage.
- Comes with advanced features and designed keeping in mind modern users’ need.
- Continuous operation
- Internal corrosion protection
- Large particle removal from air
- Energy Star verification
- 120 pints humidity removal
- auto defrost process
- Crawl space required modification
- No remote control
Furthermore, it’s straightforward to use. You just need to adjust your ideal settings and let it work. To prevent you from emptying the water tank, it has a continuous draining hose. Additionally, it auto turns off when it achieves the desired humidity level. Additionally, the installation process is simple. Overall, you can consider the unit as one of the best choices.
6.ALORAIR LGR 180 Pint Dehumidifier
“Damage Restoration Dryer”
The ALORAIR LGR 180 Pint Dehumidifier is the best dehumidifier for crawl space. Moreover, the system removes up to 85 pints of water from the air per day, and it’s entirely a waterproof unit. Additionally, it comes with inclement weather considerations, auto-defrost to clear the ice from the coils. Its operating temperature is 33 to 105 degrees F.
- The dehumidifier’s dimensions are 22.8 x 13.7 x 17.3 inches and weigh 78 pounds.
- A highly efficient unit that works on low temperature down to 33.8-104 degrees F and 5.62 amps on 115V.
- Waterproof unit due to rubber strip that makes the circuit board sealed.
- Comes with a long cord up to 20 feet and removes 180 PPD moisture from the air per day.
- Auto defrosting to ensure quick and efficient ice removal from the coil under minimal temperature
- Featured with rare earth alloy tube evaporator to extend the life of the unit.
- 180 PPD water removal from air
- Reasonable price
- Waterproof unit
- Auto defrosting
- Easy to operate
- Could be significant for small spaces
- Deficiency in filter
Furthermore, the system is straightforward to use. It comes with a small digital display that shows you the inlet and outlet. Adding more, it has 20 feet cord that is quiet enough to reach near the socket. Its auto-shutoff feature will let you save energy while it has got your desired results. Overall, this is perfect for large crawl spaces.
7.DRI EAZ F413 Compact Dehumidifier
The DRI EAZ F413 Compact Dehumidifier looks small in size but pulls more moisture than its weight. It can remove up to 80 pints of water vapors from the air per day. Moreover, the best coverage area length for this dehumidifier is 7000 square feet. Not only extensive coverage but also innovative control features to make it worthwhile for modern homes.
- The dehumidifier’s dimensions are 12.5 x 21.5 x 12.5 inches and weigh 65 pounds.
- Removes water from air 12 gal per day at 80°F and 17.3 gals per day at 90°F
- Featured with a control panel and displayed temperature, humidity, and tracks the job hours
- Featured with Recessed feet indents that make it to stack up to 3 units for easy and quick transport.
- Includes a 40 feet drainage hose, 25 feet electrical hose, 3M HAF High Airflow Filter, and a user manual
- Extensive coverage
- Touch controls
- Long cord
- Large drainage hose
- Control panel with a display
- Easy and quick transportation.
- Leakage issues
- Installation needs effort
Moreover, it helps you recover those damaged areas due to an excessive amount of humidity. Additionally, it comes with a long cord and drains holder to directly drain excess water into the sink. The key point is its auto-restart option that will get the machine again in form after a power cut.
8.AlorAir Sentinel HDi90 Crawlspace Dehumidifiers
“Water Based Paint”
The AlorAir Sentinel HDi90 Crawlspace Dehumidifiers is a portable unit. You can move it anywhere quickly with two handles. The best area coverage for this dehumidifier is up to 2600 square feet. The key point is the unit is one of the fast-drying air devices that removes water from the air between 90 to 198 pints per day. The removal rate depends on the settings that you have defined.
- The dehumidifier’s dimensions are 24.8 x 13.78 x 15.75 inches and weigh 26 kilograms.
- Energy Star certified unit that efficiently removes moisture with a small amount of energy
- Covers up to 2600 square feet area and removes 90 pints of water per day.
- Comes with a heavy-duty condensate pump for smooth running and efficiently push the collected water out
- Quick and efficient defrost and works in minimal temperature down to 36 degrees F.
- Handle for easy carriage
- Remote control feature
- Large moisture removing unit
- Covers extensive area
- Energy efficient
- Continous working
- Heavy Duty unit
- The drain hose has to buy separately
Furthermore, the unit comes with remote control to function from far efficiently. Also, it’s the best unit to function in severe weather conditions and works down to 35 degrees F temperature. Its hot gas defrost system is fantastic. Moreover, its filter fits well and dehumidifies each and every space.
Keeping the humidity level in the crawl space is really important. For the realization of importance, remember that your crawl space walls and ceiling are connected with the rest of the house. You need the best dehumidifier for basements, crawl spaces, and other damp areas. Having a dehumidifier will maintain the humidity level and keep your home safe from damage.
Try to go for that dehumidifier that covers your crawl space efficiently. In above-explained dehumidifiers have mixed ranges from medium to commercial level usage. Moreover, all of them are perfect in working and offer you easiness without any involvement. You can pick any of them according to your need without any hesitation.
Why to install a dehumidifier in a crawl space?
Generally, your house’s crawl space hasn’t the same ventilation as the rest of the house has. As a result, it could be hotter and humid in severe weather conditions. To overcome the extensive humidity level, you need to install a dehumidifier in a crawl space.
How to maintain the crawl space dehumidifier?
Generally, the latest dehumidifiers come with a pump and continuous drainage to use at the commercial level. In a result, they don’t require much maintenance. On the other hand, some essential dehumidifiers come with a water tank that needs to be empty after a day or two days.
Is it difficult to install a dehumidifier in the crawl space?
Installing a dehumidifier at crawl space isn’t a difficult task. If the dehumidifier is heavyweight, you have required a hand to fit it at the best place. Once it’s placed, everything will be fine, and it will run smoothly.
How to install a crawl space dehumidifier?
Mostly, it depends on the model of the dehumidifier. For installing a dehumidifier, make sure to free the area from debris and seal up all the holes. After that, figure out the best place to put the dehumidifier and make it functional.
Can I use a regular dehumidifier in a crawl space?
Generally, a dehumidifier’s working is to catch the water moisture, and a regular dehumidifier can be used for it. But we will recommend you to have that dehumidifier which is specially made for crawl spaces.
How to select the Best Dehumidifier For Crawl Space- BUYING GUIDE
There is an excess of dehumidifiers in the market, and it’s challenging to make the decision. Keep in mind that all dehumidifiers are not specially made for crawl spaces. To pick up the perfect choice, consider the following factors so you can pick up the best dehumidifier for crawl space.
While shopping for the crawl space dehumidifier, the first thing that needs to be considered is the dehumidifier’s capacity. Generally, the capacity of a dehumidifier is measured in pints. It tells about how much water moisture it can remove from air per day.
The small capacity dehumidifiers have 25 to 35 pints, and they usually cover a small area like a room. On the other hand, the medium-capacity dehumidifiers remove 40 to 50 pints of water vapors from the air in a day. However, a large capacity dehumidifier can cover a large area and sucks the water up to 60 pints in a day.
Ease of Use:
Though a dehumidifier is not a complex device to use, it could still be difficult for novice users. The advanced dehumidifiers come with a digital control panel, and they are easy to understand and control. Moreover, when a dehumidifier catches the water, it goes into a water tank, and you have to empty that.
However, the latest units come with an auto drainage of water feature that doesn’t require any human hand involvement. Basically, you just need to install a water hose, and the water will be auto removed through the pump with that hose.
The size of a dehumidifier is another factor that requires special assistance. It could be a hurdle to provide efficient results if you get a small dehumidifier for large rooms. To get the maximum working output, you must know the proper dimensions of the dehumidifier and then buy it.
Typically, installing a dehumidifier isn’t a difficult task that you are required to call a specialist. Generally, the installation comes with the design of a dehumidifier. Different kinds of dehumidifiers are installed in different ways. Some of them are hung, while others are neatly tucked in a nook or corner.
For crawl space dehumidifiers, you need to do it differently as they are usually heavyweight. You need a hand to install them in the proper place. Mostly, in the above listed, dehumidifiers are above 50 pounds.
While buying the best-rated dehumidifier for crawl space, Noise is also the main factor that needs to be considered. You will be amazed that how noisy they are for crawl spaces. The noise level can be judged from a decibel level as it’s the easiest way for this purpose. Generally, the decibel level above 50 dB is considered the best for a quiet dehumidifier.