An apartment with mole, mildew, and particle area could be harmful to your health, and it can damage your furniture too. The root cause of this problem is the high moisture level in the air. To overcome this situation, only the best dehumidifier for apartment is the solution. It will remove extra humidity from the apartment and offers you healthier space to breathe in.
Getting a dehumidifier will not only balance the humidity level but also will be great for families having allergies. While considering the best dehumidifier for the room, you should consider your needs. To help you pick up the best option, we have finalized some top dehumidifiers in our list. In short, we found hOmeLabs Energy Star Dehumidifier is the best option to have.
Our Top 3 picks
hOmeLabs Energy Star Dehumidifier
- Extensive area coverage with 22 pints moisture removal
- Adjustable humidity level according to your need
- Turbo mode for quick working
- Drain hose let it work consistently
Pro Breeze Electric Dehumidifier
- Lightweight, compact and portable dehumidifier
- 16-ounce capacity water reservoir removes 9-ounce from air
- Energy-efficient unit
- LED light to alert full water tank
MIDEA MAD35C1ZWS Dehumidifier
- Covers 3000 sq. ft. and removes 35-pint water daily.
- Sound level at 51 dB for quiet working
- Drainage hose option for continual operation
- Auto-restart and auto defrost features.
Comparison Table Dehumidifier For Apartment
Best Dehumidifier For Apartment Reviews List (Updated)
1.hOmeLabs Energy Star Dehumidifier
“Best Large Room dehumidifier”
The hOmeLabs Energy Star Dehumidifier is the best dehumidifier for large rooms. It extracts up to 22 pints from air per day. Moreover, it works best in 1500 sq. ft. rooms. The best thing is it has a sleek and clean design to fulfill modern home needs with handy features.
- The dimensions are 15.2 x 10.2 x 19.7 inches and weigh 30.5 pounds.
- Covers 1500 sq. ft. area and removes 22 pints of moisture from the air per day.
- Designed for modern homes having a clean and sleek look with convenient handles and wheels.
- Straightforward to use and moisture level could be adjusted.
- Auto shutoff when the tank is full after a 24-hours operation. Also, there is a drain hose outlet for draining water.
- Featured with a built-in pump compressor that has a Turbo mode to increase the fan speed.
- Covers large area
- Latest design for modern homes
- Energy-efficient unit
- Auto-drainage from the drain hose
- Auto shutoff feature
- Turbo mode for extra speed
- Low temperature affects the performance
- Low temperature affects the performance
Additionally, the dehumidifier has an auto-shutoff feature to save energy. Furthermore, the advanced built-in pump works excellently to remove water from the hose. Besides this, you can set 24 hours to adjust the humidity level between 35 to 85 percent automatically. Overall, this dehumidifier is excellent for medium to large capacity rooms.
2.Pro Breeze Electric Dehumidifier
“Portable Mini Dehumidifier”
The Pro Breeze Electric Dehumidifier is an ideal choice for small spaces. It works great to cover 150 sq. ft. area and adjusts the humidity level perfectly. It has a transparent water tank to show water quantity. Moreover, the LED indicator alerts you it’s time to drain water and auto-shutoff the unit.
Best features in this:
- The dimensions are 7 x 6 x 11 inches and weigh 2.4 pounds.
- Compact and portable device to remove 9 ounces water from the air per day and has 16-ounces water tank
- LED light to alert water tank is full and need to drain the water. Moreover, it’ll automatically shut off.
- Energy-efficient unit that uses 0.55kw after 24-hour continuous running and has an ultra-quiet operation.
- Great for high humidity in home, kitchen, and basements. It will not run under 41°F temperature.
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Energy-star certified unit
- Compact design
- Lightweight and portable
- Auto shutoff when the tank is full
- LED light indicator
- Needs to run it continuously for maintaining humidity
Additionally, it removes 9 ounces of humidity from the air per day, and it’s extremely easy to use. It has an on/off switch that a novice user can understand how to use it. The best thing about it is its ultra-quiet operation due to Peltier Technology without any compressor. Overall, it’ll be a great pick for small apartments to maintain humidity.
3. Inofia 30 Pints Dehumidifiers
“Intelligent Humidity Control ”
The Inofia 30 Pints Dehumidifier is a compact-sized dehumidifier and easy to use as a portable dehumidifier. It comes with convenient features and has a moderate capacity that makes it the best dehumidifier for the room. Though it has a water reservoir but you can still attach a drainage hose for continual usage.
Top features in this product:
- The dimensions are 12.2 x 8.2 x 17.3 inches and weigh 24.9 pounds.
- Covers an area of up to 1056 sq. ft. removes 30-pints water from the air in 24 hours.
- The intelligent dehumidifier features auto-stop and auto-restart features that make it energy efficient.
- Auto shutoff when the tank having 0.5 gallons is complete and alerts you with an audible sound.
- Doesn’t require maintenance due to its auto-defrost function and allows you to use it
- Compact size and portable due to recessed handle and ideal for home-usage.
- 30 pints moisture removal per day
- Energy-efficient device
- Compact and sleek
- Intelligent unit
- Portable with recessed handle
- LED alert with an audible sound
- A loud alarm can irritate you
- The hose needs to buy separately.
Moreover, it is easy to carry due to hidden side handles and has an elegant design to look better. To save the extra cost, it comes with washable and reusable filters. Furthermore, it is featured with auto-detection of malfunctions and lets you know where the problem is. Additionally, it has Adjustable dehumidification to adjust it somewhere between 30 percent to 80 percent.
4. Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier
“best dehumidifier for a room”
The Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier is efficient and quick. It removes 70 pints of water, and you will notice the difference after a while. Moreover, it’s Energy Star certified, and the greatest power draw is 745 watts. Yet, it can draw less power if you use it at optimal humidity. Being an energy-efficient unit, it’s a cost-friendly unit.
- The dimensions are 11.6 x 15 x 24.4 inches and weigh 47 pounds.
- Energy-efficient, and its power draw is 745 watts, more efficient when using at optimal humidity at 50%.
- Auto shutoff feature and alert system tank need to empty—moreover, continual operation with a drainage hose.
- Controllable air exhaust direction and noise direction.
- Comes with a digital display to read humidity level and humidity settings from 35% to 85% in 24-hours.
- Faster and efficient moisture removal
- Turbo fan speed option
- Energy efficient
- Durable and strong unit
- Perfect for medium to the large surface
- Auto humidity level adjustment
- Quiet operation
- The water tank is small
- Poor performance at intense cold temperature
The unit works so that it intakes moist air on the backside and emits dry air from the sides of the unit. Furthermore, it comes with an auto-shutoff option and a full tank alert. A digital humidity level readout will let you know the humidity level. Moreover, a 24-hour timer with adjustable humidity set the humidity level from 35 to 85%.
5. TOSOT 50 Pint Dehumidifier
“Energy Star Certified dehumidifier ”
If you live in an apartment and face increased humidity issues, the TOSOT 50 Pint Dehumidifier will be the best choice for you. It’s great to have because it is efficient, and dehumidifies damp spaces effectively. Moreover, it offers you multiple drainage options. Either you can remove water by filling the tank or go for a drainage hose for continual drainage.
- The dimensions are 14.8 x 11.4 x 24.1 inches and come in white color.
- Has an area coverage of up to 4500 sq. ft. and removes 50 pints of water in 24-hours.
- For continuous working, it comes with an auto drain option that causes auto drainage of water without any human effort.
- Real-time monitoring with this dehumidifier on a display that shows the current humidity level.
- Water reservoir capacity of 2-gallon and auto-shutoff feature when it’s full of water.
- Has a noise level of 51 decibels that means ultra-quiet operation.
- Quiet operation
- Certified by Energy Star
- Easy to maintain
- Auto shutoff feature to save energy
- Larger water reservoir
- Drainage option
- Difficult to insert the hose
- Leakage issues over time
Additionally, to save your money, it has a reusable and washable filter. Moreover, a washing indicator will let you know when to clean the filter. Furthermore, it is featured with an LED display that shows the current humidity level, and it has two operating speeds. The best thing it is Energy Star certified product and best to have at the apartment with quiet operation.
6.Eva-dry Edv-1100 Dehumidifier
“Electric Petite Dehumidifier”
The Eva-dry Edv-1100 Dehumidifier is known for its high portability due to its lightweight. It’s an excellent choice for small apartments to remove a mole, mildew, particles, and many harmful things. Moreover, it has an auto turn-off feature that shuts it off when it detects the water reservoir is full of water. Having this feature, you not only make sure your safety but also saves energy.
The feature that we like in this:
- The dimensions are 6.5 x 8.5 x 5.3 inches, comes in white color, and weighs only 1 pound.
- The average noise level of this dehumidifier is 53.2 dB that makes it an Ultra-quiet dehumidifier.
- It’s the most lightweight and smallest dehumidifier that can be easily transported anywhere.
- The dehumidifier has a power draw of 33 watts that makes it Energy efficient device.
- Easy to set up and operate with simple plug and play setup and has LED light display to notify auto-shutoff.
- Easy transportation
- Quiet working
- Automatic shutoff
- Energy efficient
- Durability issues after time
- Doesn’t has a drainage hose
Furthermore, it is made of solid material, and quiet working makes the product excellent. Having a weight of just 1-pound, you can take it anywhere without any difficulty. Moreover, when the water reservoir is full of water, it alerts you to empty it. Overall, it’s a great option if you want a mobile unit for the apartment.
7. TOSOT 20 Pint Dehumidifier
“Real Time Monitoring Dehumidifier”
The TOSOT 20 Pint Dehumidifier is the best ingenious dehumidifier for small rooms or apartments. Moreover, it’s suitable for your kitchen, bathroom, garage, and other small places. It removes 30 pints of moisture from the air in a day and makes the environment mole, mildew, and particles accessible.
Best features in this device:
- The dimensions are 15 x 11.7 x 20.7 inches, comes in white color, and weighs only 33.9 pounds.
- Removes 20 pints of water vapors from the air in a day from 1500 sq. ft. area.
- The water reservoir has a 1-gallon capacity. Also, it comes with an auto drainage option by attaching a hose.
- After selecting a target, the current humidity level will be displayed on the screen.
- Has a noise level of 48 decibels that is super quiet as a private suburban or normal conversation.
- Energy-efficient unit and certified by Energy Star.
- Quiet working
- Ideal for small rooms
- Auto shutoff and alarm
- Adjustable humidity level
- Poor designing of the drain plug
- Create problems if not maintained
Furthermore, it works quietly and doesn’t disturb anyone sleeping. Additionally, it has an adjustable humidity option. In this, you set a humidity level, and when it’s reached, the dehumidifier will automatically turn off. The best thing is it has Energy Star certification that means it’s an Energy-efficient unit.
8.MIDEA MAD35C1ZWS Dehumidifier-
“Best Dehumidifier for basement apartment ”
The MIDEA MAD35C1ZWS Dehumidifier is one of the best small and innovative dehumidifiers that works brilliantly. The device covers up to 3000 sq. ft. area and removes an average of 35 pints of water from the air per day. That’s why it’s the best-suited device for apartments.
Top features in this:
- The dimensions are 15.94 x 11.54 x 24.29 inches, comes in white color, and weigh only 33.51 pounds.
- Collects up to 35 pints of water drops per day and covers up to 3000 sq. ft. to adjust humidity level.
- Latest features like auto restart and auto defrost function that prevents freezing the water in the tank.
- The quiet operation having a sound level of 51 dB and offers continuous dehumidification.
- The water reservoir is easy to empty, or you can connect a 0.75-inch hose for continuous drainage of water.
- Amazing performance
- Easy controls
- Quiet operation
- Energy Star certified
- Adequate water tank
- large area coverage
- large area coverage
- Quality concerns after long time usage
- No vitality in design
Moreover, the unit has a quiet operation having a sound level of 51 dB. This quiet dehumidifier makes no noise if the fan speed is at maximum. Meanwhile, it is certified by Energy Star that assures it’s an Energy-efficient unit. Furthermore, it comes with a touch panel and standard customization settings. Overall, it’s an excellent choice for your smart home.
Having the best dehumidifier for the apartment can make your living healthier. Moreover, it keeps your belongings safe from any damage due to humidity. A dehumidifier is an effective and efficient way to adjust the humidity level in your apartment. Additionally, the size of the room matters while selecting the dehumidifier.
All the above-explained products are best in their working, and you can pick any of them according to your need. Some of them are for large spaces, and some are the best small dehumidifiers. Overall, each device has the best customer reviews and popular among people. It will be great to pick any of them according to your apartment size.
How does a dehumidifier work does a dehumidifier work?
Basically, it’s used to remove extra water vapors from the air that causes mold and moisture. It catches the vapors and stores the water in a water reservoir that is emptied when it is full.
Will a dehumidifier help cool my apartment?
Basically, the functionality of a dehumidifier is to remove extra humidity from the room. And offers you a more pleasant and fresher environment to live in. However, it doesn’t cool the air but helps the air conditioner to do it quickly.
Can I run the dehumidifier constantly?
Generally, it depends on the humidity level at your home. If the humidity is significant, then you might need continual dehumidification. For this purpose, you need a dehumidifier with a drainage hose to work constantly.
What is the best place to put the dehumidifier in my apartment?
For maximum output, make sure to place the dehumidifier at that place where the intake locations of the device are not blocked. The best place to keep the dehumidifier is the center of the apartment.
How do I make sure my dehumidifier working efficiently?
For efficient working, place the dehumidifier in the right place in your apartment. It’ll not be suitable to place it near an open door or window. Make sure to clean the dehumidifier and wash the filter regularly.
How to select the best Dehumidifier For Apartment- BUYING GUIDE
If you are going to pick up the dehumidifier for your home, then there are some factors that you should consider. If you understand these factors, then it will lead you to pick up the best choice. What are that factors? Let’s have a look at them.
To judge the working of a dehumidifier, the pint capacity is a great way. If you know the dehumidifier’s pint capacity, you can pick up the best option according to your apartments’ size.
Dehumidifiers having a large pint capacity are generally more efficient in removing moisture from the air. If there is too much humidity in your area, go for a high pint dehumidifier.
The filter with dehumidifiers protects the coil from dirt and dust. While buying a dehumidifier, make sure they are easy to remove and wash. Moreover, the filters also play a role in eliminating the odors from the air.
Auto shut off:
This feature is great to save energy as well as protect the unit from any damage. When your water reservoir is full of water, the auto-shutoff feature turn of the device. So, you don’t need to worry about slipping water on overnight running.
Energy Star Certification:
Energy Star certification has become an essential factor while considering the best dehumidifier. If the device is Energy Star certified, it means the unit is a power saver. Moreover, it requires less power for the whole day working as compared to the non-certified product.
If the dehumidifier has a drainage hose, it means you don’t need to empty the reservoir repeatedly—the drain hose attachment helps remove the water away automatically. Having a drainage hose will let you continual operation without stopping the device. Moreover, it won’t let the dehumidifier turn off automatically.
Generally, very few dehumidifiers have turbo mode. The dehumidifiers having turbo mode will remove the water more fastly than average. Consider buying the dehumidifier having turbo mode if you want more quick action.